Greyhounds make great companion animals because:
- They are gentle, affectionate dogs that love to be with you. Greyhounds really love their humans, and are sometimes known as “velcro dogs”
- They are sociable and generally get on well with other dogs and animals, including small dogs and even cats at times.
- They don’t need a lot of exercise or a big backyard. In fact they are well suited to apartment living.
- After their walk or ‘zoomie’ across a field, they are happy to sleep on the couch for the rest of the day.
- They rarely bark.
- They don’t lose much hair (compared to other breeds) and require very little grooming.
- They don’t have that doggy smell as they do not have the fatty undercoat of other breeds.
- They are intelligent and respond well to training.
- Being tolerant and easy going they are generally good around children of most ages.