Nurragingy Reserve is a sprawling 63-hectare parkland in Doonside in Western Sydney. With walking tracks that weave in-and-out of manicured gardens and natural bushland, rolling hills and a large lake, your hound will have the time of their life!
Where: Entrance is via Knox Road, Doonside.
Length/duration: The Reserve features a web of sealed and unsealed walking tracks/trails. The main loop track is approximately 6.8km, however you can weave in and out, making it longer or shorter. There are also long, looping trails that lead further into the bushland if you and your houndie are up for more of an adventure!
- Summer (December – February): 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Autumn (March – May): 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Winter (June – August): 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Spring (September – November): 7:00am – 6:00pm
On lead/off-leash? On-leash only.
For the hounds: There are no poo-bag dispensers at Nurragingy Reserve. No dog drinking fountains, however there are taps in each of the picnic grounds and in the Main Carpark, which can be used to fill up portable dog bowls. Make sure you come prepared.
For the humans:
- Café (only open on weekends)
- Wood-fired BBQsOff-street parking
- Picnic tables
- Water Splash Park for the kids