No more greyhounds for the moment, please

Due to a variety of reasons, health, financial, etc we are very sorry but we are unable to take any more greyhounds at the moment

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

8 Comments

1. Posted April 11, 2012 at 7:33 AM | Permalink

Hope all of you are O.K. this update sounds sad, you have all done so much for these dogs, but you must take care of yourselves. Hope everything is brighter for you soon.

2. Posted April 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM | Permalink

It is called politics and getting nasty remarks sent to us – I would like everyone to know that we are doing our very best with very limited funds, The emails sent to us are not nice and we are both quite ill, only to be expected at our old age! Thank you for your thoughts. Janet lann

3. Toni
    Posted April 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM | Permalink

You can only do so much and believe me, you have done a fantastic job of saving as many of these beautiful dogs as you can. Hope that things improve healthwise soon. In the meantime, take care of yourselves.

4. Posted April 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM | Permalink

I’m so sorry this has happened to you Peter and Janet. Being given a little computer netbook thingy, and the children signing me up to facebook, has filled my days [Im now severely disabled, and housebound] I have found wonderful pages like greyhound rescue. I’ve been shocked and saddened so many times, how rude, mean and sometimes viscous people can be. People must just think they are untouchable when they get on a keyboard. I don’t know you at all, but you will be in my thoughts, I’ll still love watching and hoping these lovely dogs find kind caring homes. I also hope that people will respect your situation, and if they have nothing nice to say, at least leave you in peace.

5. Posted April 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM | Permalink

Sincere thanks for everyone’s concern. We are business as usual homing the greys we have in foster care and in the two kennels. Once we have been able to rehome some more greys, we will be able to take more from pounds. Please spread the word to encourage more adoptions!

6. Posted April 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM | Permalink

Good on you Peter and Janet, I would like to speak for the greyhounds that you have saved, ( we are happy and loved because of you! Thank you).

7. davidgoddard
    Posted April 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM | Permalink

jaqnet and peter r both very nice people and would do anything for any 1

they have help me and my ,mum is all way then 1 and i will do all i can to help then

8. Lyn Cox
    Posted April 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM | Permalink

Thank you Peter for letting me know the 2 Greyhounds at Blacktown Pound are safe.
    You and Janet take care of yourselves, best wishes to you.

• Make a Donation

NOTE: Donations are tax deductible.
    ACNC Registered Charity